Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Shake, Rattle & Roll (A Seismic Love Story)

Mansfield Fox, here for all your non-Californian earthquake needs.

If you're tired of watching paint dry, you can always click over to the Mount St. Helens webcam and wait for that bad mama to blow. (via Instapundit)

In local earthquake news, there was a minor tremor under my Property classroom this morning. (In no way reported to the construction at the Beinecke Library next door. Definitely not earth moving equipment clumsily bumping around. No sir.) And yet, it goes unreported by the United States Geological Survey. Well, I'm not going to let those bureaucrats in Washington tell me whether or not I was in an earthquake! I was in an earthquake!

Weirdly, just before the quake, a telephone, located in a locked closet just behind my seat, rang. Was someone trying to warn us of the impending quake? Are the quakes the result of some kind of doomsday weapon, perhaps part of a plot to get their drill bit back? Well, it's not gonna happen.