Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Monday, February 13, 2006

All Hail Ice-Bocce!

I'm generally boycotting the Olympics. This is partially because I'm alienated by the whole "Torino" thing (I mean, WTF?) and partially because I just don't give a crap about ice dancing. I am making an exception, however, for ice-bocce, known to you lesser mortals as "curling". Why do I love it so? (Beyond the fact that it involves brooms?) I like that - like bowling - it's a sport for ordinary mortals. You don't have to use 'roids, or start curling when you're six, devote every waking hour of your adult life to curling. You can be a 37-year old pizza parlor owner or a 56-year old insurance agent. They're some of the only real amateurs left.

(Plus, stones make great flasks.)

I know I'm late to the party, but I hope you guys will still have me.