Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

What's the Great Conjunction?

This one is strictly for geeks of a certain age: the Jim Henson Company is making a sequel to The Dark Crystal.

Of Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and The Neverending Story, I always liked Dark Crystal the best. Even as a child, I think, I recognized that there was something not. quite. right. about Bowie, and Neverending Story terrified me (as in, I couldn't watch more than about 15 minutes at a time) until I was about eight. I think I found the blurring or the real world and Fantasia, and all the weird cause-and-effect quirks that produced, quite unsettling. Plus, the fact that the villain was Nothingness itself...that's a bit much to ask a young kid to accept.

Anyway, I'm intrigued as to how Dark Crystal 2 will turn out.