Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Everything is Haiku Here.

Yesterday, Eve Tushnet linked to this Livejournal entry, in which all of Shakespeare's sonnets are rendered in haiku. It's quite cool, and in inspired me to see what else could be expressed in 5-7-5 form. (Well, it, and the fact that I really don't want to study for my Corporations exam.)

So, w/o further ado:



The Declaration of Independence
Ciao bella, England.
German George - he's done bad stuff.
We have rights, you know.

The Gospel According to St Luke...
Born of the Virgin,
Jesus teaches, suffers, dies,
Rises, and ascends.

...and the Acts of the Apostles
The Church is born as
The Holy Spirit descends.
Comedy ensues.

The Great Gatsby
Lost her earlier
Because I was poor; but now,
I'm rich, so: ahh, crap....

The Merchant of Venice
Uninsured shipwreck
Almost costs Antonio
Half a love-handle.



That's all I've got for now, but I strongly suspect future procrastination will produce more, which I'll post as they come to me.

UPDATE: A few more...

The Iliad
Angered by Hector,
Achilles wakes from pouting
To avenge his "pal".

or

Anger raises him
From wrath-induced non-fighting.
Get some therapy.

Gulliver's Travels
Travel the whole world:
You will only find satires
Of your home country.

UPDATE AGAIN: To make this somewhat less procrastinariffic,

National Biscuit Co v Stroud
Two man partnership:
Actual authority
Is retained by both.