Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Who Steals a Coat, Honestly?

Well, someone seems to have thieved my coat (the brown duster) from the coat-check room at BAR. Inside were my new gloves and my beloved Jets cap. Luckily, I was able to get a ride home, so I didn't freeze to death on the half-mile walk.

I'm not angry, I'm just... disappointed. For all my cynicism, I really thought people were better than that.

I'll go back again tomorrow; maybe it was just misplaced somewhere. Barring that, I'll assume that it was taken by a homeless person who needed it to stay warm, and not some kleptomaniacal fake-tanned townie or spoiled undergrad.

I really did like that coat, though.

UPDATE: Excellent news!

I have been reunited with my coat. It was back in the coat-check room of BAR when I returned this afternoon. I don't know whether someone accidentally took it and returned it, or whether it had fallen to the ground in the bustle and was retrieved by a staff member today, or whether sobriety was somehow interfering with my usually vaunted coat-dar (any of the three seems plausible to me) but the important thing is I have it back.

Thanks be to God, lord of all creation and protector of lost coats!