Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Monday, January 24, 2005

"Why I Hate Yale Undergrads"

That going to be the title of a monster post I was planning to write, detailing the various reasons why it wouldn't bother me that much if all the University's undergraduates were wiped out in some kind of gruesome plague, or the like. Reasons like: they swarm the Law School dining hall like locusts and eat all our food; and: they can't seem to grasp the concept that traffic lights are there to direct traffic.

I was going to write that post. But then, while waiting on line at Gourmet Haven, I overheard something wonderful. It was a pair of what I assume were undergrad members of a singing group, practicing an a cappella version of the semi-obscure Stevie Wonder gem, "Knocks Me Off My Feet". Which is one of my favorites. It was really quite beautiful. Who knew they had such taste? And so, like the Grinch, my heart grew three sizes that day.

So, I can now say, in all honesty, that I no longer desire that all Yale undergrads be horribly and painfully consumed by fire from heaven. For now.