Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Monday, January 10, 2005

No C.O.D.s, I Assume...

I don't usually find the Umbert the Unborn strip funny. I understand that it's for a good cause, but the jokes are as saccharine as even the stickiest Family Circus. That said, this strip was too deeply surreal not to link to.



I find myself asking questions like: Did Umbert have to buzz the delivery guy in to get him past the cervix? And, since they're suspended in fluid anyway, why does the UPS guy need a hand-truck? These are exactly the kind of questions I want to be asking myself on a Monday afternoon.


(On a related note, if you want an illustrated story about a fetus that's charming and heartwarming but not so sweet that it will give you cavities, may I recommend Angel of the Waters?)