Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Bloggers of Unusual Size

Many thanks to the lovely Dawn Eden for her kind words. I really enjoyed the party and was glad to have been invited. I must say, though, that the whole "petite powerhouse" thing is somewhat overstated. She's a powerhouse, sure. But she's not that small. On the low end of the normal range, maybe, but definitely within the range. I was expecting someone the size of a teacup chihuahua.

Father Sibley, on the other hand, was much bigger than I'd imagined. I'm taller than all the priests at St. Mary's except for Father Kalisch, so I think I'd just begun to assume that the clergy, like the Silent Service, had some kind of height cap. I was, needless to say, wrong. The good father is also full of sage thoughts on the underratedness of SEC football (though I still think he's too sanguine about Kentucky's prospects) and on the similarities between Christian Science and Gnosticism.

All-in-all, a great trip, well worth missing poker night for.