Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Wow. Ye Smack Hath Been Laid Down.

Ron Artest has been suspended for the entire rest of the year. Stephen Jackson is gone for 30 games, Jermaine O'Neal for 25, Ben Wallace for 6 and Anthony Johnson for 5. Three of the five longest suspensions in NBA history were handed out today. I guess they're serious about the whole "no fist-fights with fans" thing, eh?

I do hope those fans who instigated the whole thing are banned for life from NBA events, and face criminal sanction. It was, after all, their fault.

Is it just me, or has the NBA reverted to its 1970s form? Heavy drug use, fighting, low quality of play, declining ratings.... Not that I would know (I was still in my pre-extant stage at the time) but that's my impression.

UPDATE: Good point. He's got all the time in the world now to rest up and promote his rap album.