Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

A Narrow Victory

The J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets! win an ugly squeeker in Cleveland, beating the Browns 10-7. They trailed almost the entire game, but put together a few good drives at the end to take and hold the lead. They benefited tremendously from two misses on short field goal attempts by Phil Dawson, who prior to this afternoon hadn't missed a FG all season. But an ugly W is still a W.

In non-narrow victory news, Peyton Manning threw for four TDs against Chicago, bringing his season total to 35. He's basically at the point where only a season-ending injury can prevent him from passing Dan Marino's single season record. Gee, I'm really glad I took Jamal Lewis, who injured his ankle today and missed two games in a suspension for his narcotrafficing guilty plea, instead of the Indianapolis QB in my fantasy draft. Then again, conventional wisdom dictates taking a running back in the first round, and we must always do as conventional wisdom dictates. Always.

I'm sorry, I'm just really peeved about my fantasy football season. It's blinding me with impotent rage. I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

dsnfl;nsdljfkedfnsjkld;nfsdkjlfb