Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I've Got Those New Shoe Blues...

It's interview time here at Yale Law School. What better time to break in a new pair of dress shoes? And so now I've got a nickel-sized blister on my left heel, with all the gut-wrenching pain that implies. It's affected my gait horribly: I look nice, but I walk like Frankenstein's fricken' monster. Luckily, on account of my partial WASP ancestry (thanks Ma!) I'm able to bear it, stony-faced, for about thirty seconds, which hopefully will be enough to get me from the hotel room door to the desk and back again, without the interviewer noticing my Boris Karlow-esque demeanor.

I've also got some kind of congestion, probably the result of the rapid temperature fluctuations of late. Don't be surprised if you hear the phrase "Ah bood bay bush ike do burke po juh perm."