Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

"America, F*** Yeah!"

Didn't catch the end of the Yankees' 11th-inning victory over the Twinkies, or Ruben Sierra's game-tying homer. (I'm glad it was Sierra, because I love to be proved wrong; I'd been arguing that Torre should play Lofton at DH in the series, that Sierra was overmatched. Obviously this is why I'm not being paid to manage.)

Why didn't I see the Yanks' glorious victory? I was attending a preview screening of Team America: World Police. It was hilarious. Recommended to all, except children and those whose tastes don't go to the bawdy or low, to whom it is most decidedly not recommended. Of note: there is one extraordinarily graphic puppet-sex scene, lots of F-bombs, and an extended geopolitical metaphor using the reproductive and excretory systems. But, other than that, funny funny funny. I want to hit you with specific examples, but I fear being a spoiler.