Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Yet More on the Cheney Box Burglar

I've mentioned that Thomas Frampton is a Yalie. But have I mentioned his lineage? For some reason unknown to me, the media reports on this case seem uninterested in the fact that his father, George Frampton Jr, is a) a partner at the law firm, Boies, Schiller & Flexner, that represented Al Gore during the Florida recount, and b) a former Assistant Secretary of the Interior during the Clinton Administration. Not that these connections mean anything, but they're interesting to note, n'est pas? At least as much as the "web of connections" linking the SwiftVets to shadowy Texas Republicans. Or maybe not.

By the way, in the interests of full disclosure, I am also the son of a BSF partner. Just so's you know. Because, while a Republican, I'm neither shadowy or Texan.