Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

I Miss My Beard

The Royal Tennenbaums is on the FX network right now. There are many wonderful things about this movie, but my own personal favorite is all the great facial hair. Rather than comment at length, I'm just going to put up photos, which I've gratuitously t'ieved from the Rushmore Academy.






the sweet 'stache of Royal Tennenbaum





Henry Sherman & his dignified goatee





Richie Tennenbaum, pre-suicide attempt





Raliegh St. Clair
(this is how I want to look at 50)





&, of course, Pagoda



How deep does my beard obsession run? For me, the saddest part of Richie's suicide attempt is that he shaves off his beard. Yes, I realize that this isn't healthy.