Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

I Can't Believe I'm Blogging This

One of the real joys of blogging is how it allows you to indulge even the most obscure of your fascinations and obsessions. With that in mind, I'm going to take up again the discussion of "What was the being on the planet of the center of the galaxy in 'Star Trek V'?" Publius over at Res Publica et Cetera (as of now on the blogroll) writes to suggest that the creature might have been a Cytherian, a being of the sort that the Enterprise-D encountered in the Star Trek: TNG episode "The Nth Degree".

Personally, I'm still inclined to believe Gene Roddenberry's explanation that "Star Trek V" is apocryphal, and that the alien at the center of the galaxy therefore didn't really exist, and therefore wasn't, in a sense, any kind of alien. But if the faux-God of Shaka-Ri actually did exist, insofar as anything on Star Trek can "actually exist", I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it were a Cytherian, or some kind of quasi-Cytherian. Or something.


A Cytherian


Man, I am such a dork. Over and out.