Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Ready for Yet More Man-Eating Dinos?

Apropos of my Jurassic Park III post, a friend/reader wrote to mention that they're making a sequel to the sequel to the sequel to one of the coolest movies ever made: that's right, Jurassic Park IV. The plot, he tells me, involves human-dinosaur hybrid mercenaries named for heroes of Greek myth who attempt to stop North America from being overrun by escaped dinosaurs.

Now, at first this seemed ridiculous to me. Hybrid mercenaries? Is the well honestly so dry that they're cribbing from Dinosaucers? (One of my favorite cartoons as a kid, by the way.) I assumed this was just some elaborate fan-fiction that had escaped from the lab. And yet, there's an IMDB page for the movie (no mention of hybrid warriors). And here's the Ain't It Cool News piece that seems to have gotten my friend going. So it's real.

Unbelieveable.