Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Have the Protestors Lost Interest?

I'm at my folks' apartment in NYC right now (to see the Yanks-Indians game tonight, natch). From the living room window I can see the multi-bus caravan of the Tennessee GOP delegation, which has come to Sotheby's to see the Johnny Cash collection. I heard tell that there was going to be a protest - in their ambitious plan to disrupt the entire GOP convention, our good friends the dirty hippies apparently planned to protest every scheduled convention event, no matter how mundane - and yet I've seen nary a Birkenstock, nor a single giant marionette. Indeed, no protest at all. Have the protestors lost interest in being world-class assholes? Could it be that they set the bar too high? (I mean, seriously: who in the world is so politically committed that they want to disrupt brunch?)