Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Saturday, July 03, 2004

WHAT A WEEKEND FOR ATHLETIC COMPETITION! On Thursday, I watched, in person, that epic 13-inning Yankees victory over the woe-begotten Fenway Franks. I was about a half-section away from where Jeter dove head-first into the stands while making the game-saving catch. Has there ever been so great a regular season game? (Hint: no.)

And now, I get to watch the women's Wimbledon finals, in which the beautiful Maria Sharapova (a.k.a. the future Mrs. The Fox) upset Serena Williams, 6-1 6-4. What a kid: after she wins, she gets on a cell and tries to call her mom; she's all smiles and giggling; she's a gracious winner, joking with Serena (who, to her credit, is a great loser, very dignified) and praising her. And she's home-schooled! I'm not a big tennis fan, but even I was taken in. What a match! And that Sharapova... hubba-hubba.

Also, is it just me, or does Serena's mom look kind of like Rick "Superfreak" James?




She's super-freaky, yeow!