Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Vote Herman Cain

I know I don't have any South Carolinian readers, but if I did I'd urge you to vote in the upcoming GOP senate primary for businessman Herman Cain over congressman John Isakson. Why have I taken a sudden interest in Palmetto State politics? Because I followed a link from the Corner over to Southern Appeal (scroll up) which described some of the dirty tricks and distortions Isakson is using against his opponent. The page also includes links these two Isakson ads, where you can see for yourself the congressman's lame skullduggery.

I'm particularly peeved by the accusation, in the second ad, that Cain "donated money to pro-choice Senator Kerrey." Lame, lame, lame. A transparent attempt to take the fact that Cain, a former resident of Nebraska, donated money at some point in the past to his then-senator Bob Kerrey, and make it look like he's a supporter of the current Democratic nominee. Clearly, Isakson doesn't respect the intelligence of South Carolina Republicans, and thinks they're rubes who will fall for his homonymic sleight-of-hand.

Like that rakish headline-writer over at I Arbored Ann, I'm a good government type, so this kind of crap really gets my Irish up. For the good of the Republic, Isakson has to be defeated. So hie the hence, my nonexistent South Carolinian readers, to the polls, and vote Cain!