Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Monday, June 14, 2004

YES, I AM A PREPPY BASTARD. SUE ME. Unlike Matt Yglesias, I enjoyed my high school reunion this weekend. Everyone was very friendly, and I had a wonderful time drinking, hanging out and catching up with people I hadn't seen in years. Even went back to some of my old haunts: King's Subs, Pomps Pond, and Bruegger's Bagels. Phillips Academy itself has never looked better; they've built a new science center (the old one was a squat, dank monstrosity from the early 70s; since it was the location of the student newspaper offices, I spent about 40% of my waking hours in that living hell), as well as a football stadium and hockey rink. They all look fantastic. It's easy to throw money at a buildings & grounds renovation and come away with mediocre results - Amherst did this recently with its new freshman dorms. I'm very pleased Andover managed to avoid this trap. All-in-all, a well spent weekend. And now to bed.