Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Thursday, April 29, 2004

SWEET. Today was a big day: I got my first-ever Nigerian scam-spam email. First a blog, then this: I've finally joined the internet age. Maybe now the people at LawMeme will finally think I'm cool. Allow me to reproduce the aforementioned email in full:


Good day to you.

I am Mrs. Mariam Abacha, the widow of Sani Abacha
the Late Nigerian Head of State.

The government has frozen all the family account
and auctioned all our properties.

To save the family from total bankruptcy I have
managed to ship out through a shipping company,
the sum of US15,500,000.00. kept by my late husband.
The money was disguised to beat the Nigerian
security and it is currently deposited in a credit commission.
I want you to recieve the money and pay it into your
account for the family safely.

I am offering you 30% for assisting me secure this
money fast before it is located by the Nigerian
Government Agents. Contact me immediately with my
Email Address so that I can forward to you all the
neccessary details.

Kindly send your phone and fax numbers for easy
communications.

Best regards.
Mrs. Mariam Abacha


(misspellings in the original)