Mansfield Fox

Law student. Yankees fan. Massive fraggle. Just living the American dream.

Monday, October 20, 2003

THERE'S SOMETHING DEEPLY SURREAL about introducing myself to the blogosphere, given that a) no-one is actually reading this, and b) even if anyone were, I wouldn't know. What was it that Nietzsche said? When you blog persistently into the abyss, the abyss blogs back into you?

Anyway, hello. Me Angus Dwyer. I'm a first-year at Yale Law School, and a recent ('03) graduate of Amherst College in western Massachusetts. Why precisely I'm setting up a blog I'm not sure: I don't exactly have any specialized knowledge or skills to add; I'm not exactly witty or lyrical as a writer. But I suppose the democratic genius of the internet is that you don't need any skills or credentials to say your piece. All you need is a broadband connection and an index finger (preferably two).